Friday, January 9, 2015

Week 1- The Kitchen- A Bowl Full of Lemons Organizing Challenge

Kitchen Tour


This first week was an easy challenge for me. It was a good way to start out!! :) Our Kitchen is usually pretty tidy. As you can see from the pictures, our main living area is one big room. So, that forces me to try and keep it semi presentable. I did have a few drawers/ cabinets that needed some help though. Below you can see the before and after pictures of those.







Our trash can is made by Simple Human. Its about11 years old and probably one of the oldest items we have from our first home. It still looks brand new and has been though four moves. We bought it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond with a 20% off coupon. We own a few Simple Human products and they are all awesome! Click on the highlighted words to check it out!






Our Counter Stools are the Rustic Bar Stools from West Elm. You can check them out HERE. 




These are my favorite cleaners for cleaning granite counter tops. I use plain soap and water first, then Method Granite Cleaner. Its available at Amazon and Target. Shaklee is a great non harmful cleaner- I love adding pure essential oils to the cleaner. It smells so good! My favorite is peppermint and Lemon.











 
 
Madison likes to ring this Dinner Bell. I found it at Marshalls a few years ago.

 
I used to put magnets on the front of the fridge, but I noticed our old fridge was scratched a bit. But, I love the cleaner less cluttered look. So, I just keep a few things hung up on the side.




 
JR bought me this Mixer for my 30th Birthday a couple years ago. I LOVE IT! Everyone should have one!! He found it a Kohl's at a great price!
 


This is my favorite lotion- JR Watkins Lemon Lotion. It smells sooo good! You can find it at Target or HERE on Amazon.


I found this little sign at a local craft fair. I thought it was so cute! I normally dont like too much kitchen clutter. But, I had to make an exception for this. 


I made this chalkboard frame from a goodwill picture frame. 



I love decorating with plants. They are natural air purifiers and I love pops of green and life they bring into the home.








I painted this little guy at the ceramic shop :)



Okay, so here are pictures from the organizing challenge. These drawers and cabinets were not too bad.












Above the microwave is mostly candles and candle sticks.
















This is Madison's cabinet, and she is in charge of it. So I just leave that one alone. She does like to organize it every few months. 








Here is where it gets out of hand........

BEFORE:


AFTER:


BEFORE: (This is junk drawer no. 1) Mostly just random school stuff and any paperwork or coupons I have to sort through ends up in here.


All this went into the Recycle bin!



AFTER: Much better!!!


BEFORE:


AFTER:


BEFORE:(Junk drawer no.2)


AFTER: DONE!



Did you participate in this weeks challenge? If so, how did you do? Its not to late to start!!! Check out my blog post a few down and get caught up!! :O) Happy Organizing!














































No comments:

Post a Comment